gave us the green light about starting a Mystery SAL in this community. She is going to add tags for MSAL(s) depending on if we do just this one or others too.
I went through my patterns and have picked a pattern for us to use as the first Mystery SAL.
There are some things that you need to be aware of though....
- There is no way that I can possibly know who has stitched what in the past, so you might have stitched this pattern already. I hope not off course, and I don't remember seeing anyone post about it.
- You might not even like the pattern. There is no way to please everyone
- As for the "style" of this pattern... it is not fantasy, not realistic, but more whimsical styled.
Now that that is out in the open, on to the info about the first Mystery SAL.
1) The pattern is 110 stitches wide and 110 stitches high. It is not a complicated design and there is not much stitching involved. Don't let the stitch count fool you since it is not all stitched, there are blank areas.
2) It uses 23 DMC colors and they are the following: 310, 3685, 356, 869, 832, 3031, 535, 3831, 520, B5200, 920, 414, 320, 502, 322, 930, 738, 962, 712, 422, 500, 744, 612. You need to have these on hand.
3) You have to grid your fabric to squares that are 10x10 stitches. You can either use a watererasable marker (available in craft stores) or thread.
The finished size depends on what count you use of fabric. 14ct will be bigger than say 18ct. For a great fabric calculator see here
and scroll down a bit. This will tell you how much fabric you need for whatever count you choose.
4) Color of fabric is of your choise. I can see this on white, off white, pale brown, grey, dark brown..... I recommend gathering your floss first and then pick your fabric to match your floss.
5) You need to download Pattern Maker Viewer. You can do so here
. Be sure to download the VIEWER. The full version only lasts for 4 days, but the Viewer does not expire. You can ONLY use this software to open up these files. The viewer is FREE.
6) I send out one color a week, through e-mail, on say, wednesdays, and you stitch that color/part of the design, on the fabric, corresponding to the grid lines. See this post for pictures
. It is almost like a puzzle. Sometimes I might send 2 colors, but only if one of them is only 10 or 20 stitches or so.
My e-mail is firstname.lastname@example.org so add that to you address book so you don't loose my e-mails.
7) Sounds good? Ready to give it a go? Then sign up by commenting to THIS post with the e-mail addy that you would like to have the pattern part sent to each week.This Mystery SAL will start on the 15th of February so you all have plenty of time to grid your fabric, download the software and get your floss ready.
Looking forward to doing this with all of you!