I was originally going to have this update be quite a bit more image-heavy because I was going to post the last six bookmarks from the 12 month bookmark kit all at once, but I lost October, November, December, June, and May. Or, to paraphrase my mother, I put them in a place where they would be safe and not get damaged and now I don't remember where that is. Probably somewhere weird.
First, the aforementioned bookmark, the only one I had left because I didn't have it finished when I was getting the rest of them ready to show off (mostly by fray-checking the edges to the back of beyond, I have a paranoia about fraying). Sorry it's a little blurry, I had some trouble photographing it for some reason.
I just wanted to show off what I did for the dot above the 'i' here. I hate French knots to a slightly ridiculous amount, and I'm quite proud I thought to take care of it this way, haha. I think it works pretty well with this font, too.
And then the ship! It looks so good. I'm very happy with it. I have a little more backstitching to do, just some rigging or whatnot, I don't know sailing lingo. But this particular pattern has very little backstitch overall; the top half of the ship has none at all. I haven't tackled it yet because I feel like it's going to be more tricky than it looks to get the lines to sit just right, but I'll post when I finally work up the courage to finish this beautiful piece, heh.